Civil Services Mains examination is one of the most challenging stages of the Civil Services Exam. The syllabus is enormous, competition is cut throat and the time frame is a binding on the aspirants. Even the most hard working individuals tend to lose their peace of mind during the course of preparation. Yet, the best make it each year despite all odds and that is the category you should aspire for too.
One of the most effective hacks of cracking the Mains Exam is to practice writing answers. I say this with my own experience and insist on you trying out the same.
Practicing answer writing has 2 benefits –
- Helps you with remembering concepts in the exam.
- Helps you with Time management
An aspirant should develop the craft of writing good and concise answers so that the examiner understands them clearly. Crisp and ‘to the point’ answers will make sure that you get awarded with the appropriate marks.
Here are 5 writing hacks that every Civil Services aspirant must do –
- Make notes and modify them regularly according to the word limit.This will not only help you gather useful content but also help you save time in the exam.
- Use the content of the notes effectively in the exam as and when asked in the respective questions. Using your own content will help you gain confidence. Remember it is an exam and not an extempore competition where you need to express opinions on the spot.
- Always refer to multiple resources while crafting notes and hence answers.This way you will develop an excellent grasp on the subject matter.
- Each note should be an answer in itself. This will not be easy at first but eventually you’ll master the art.
- Lastly, revise notes daily, weekly, monthly and nobody can stop you from qualifying the exam
All the very best. Put in your hundred percent and make your attempt count🙂
For any query on any aspect of the Civil Services Exam, feel free to post your comment on —> CIVIL SERVICES EXAM: DAILY DOUBT SOLVING SESSIONS
Some Useful Books & Resources for Civil Services Aspirants